|Title:||Material Handler - Glasgow - 2nd Shift|
|Job Type:||Non-exempt (hourly)|
Shift: 8pm - 8am
We have a winning team and a culture that we are proud of at our Glasgow, Kentucky facility, and we are looking to add top talent to our team!
It is the responsibility of the Material Handler to off-load and package top quality foam boards with optimum efficiency and safety. The Material Handler is responsible for moving, stacking and storing material and finished product while operating a forklift and must respond to line breaks and board buckles in such a manner that results in high levels of productivity, quality and safety.
Individuals must possess these skills prior to assuming the position.
- Ability to read and write and maintain accurate records.
- Be able to use and understand basic math.
- Physically capable of safely handling material that does not exceed 75 lbs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to approach the work with an emphasis on safety, quality, and teamwork.
Individuals must demonstrate their ability to perform job requirements according to specified performance standards within the first 90 days in the position, prior to receiving trial-level pay. The following skills must be acquired within the first 90 days:
- Ability to handle and pack product without causing damage.
- Be able to determine the visual quality of the product and consistently pack product according to quality specifications.
- Become certified in the operation of a forklift.
- Be proficient in the safe use of utility knives, hand and automatic banders, band cutters, staple gun, shrink wrapper and radial saw.
- Accurately document and follow SOP’s, SOC’s, PSM and BJA’s.
- Be able to respond to line breaks and board buckles appropriately.
- Follow all ZES/IES procedures according to specifications.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Be able to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Perform additional job duties as assigned by supervision.
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus? Yes