|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
Logistics Coordinator | Glasgow, KY
Reports To: Logistics Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
3A Composites is a leading player in segments such as composite panels for high-quality facades and display applications. In the United States, its best-known brands are Alucobond®, Dibond®, Gatorfoam®, Sintra®, and Fome-Cor®.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for in-house freight planning and scheduling of consolidated outbound shipments originating from 3A Composites Consolidation Center; assists with freight planning and scheduling for all 3A Composites Manufacturing facilities; continues to provide a broad product offering to our customers with a narrow delivery window; serves as a resource to the 3A Composites Logistics Manager to capture maximum freight savings per shipment by creating full truckload shipments for all domestic US, export Canada and Mexico orders; assists with reducing the utilization of 3PL service providers; and solicits freight coverage through asset-based service providers, enabling the company to reduce annual freight spend.
- Coordinate all Consolidation Center outbound shipments for domestic US, Canada, and Mexico orders.
- Combine sales orders to maximize truckload savings on all Consolidation Center shipments.
- Create all Glasgow outbound shipments through the Arvato transportation portal.
- Serve as primary Customer Service contact for email correspondence concerning material availability, scheduling, and pick-up of LTL shipments originating from Glasgow.
- Serve as primary Customer Service contact for all inquiries regarding consolidated shipments from the Consolidation Center, Glasgow Plant, and REX Warehouse shipments.
- Serve as primary contact for 3PL service providers as well as all asset-based providers for Glasgow consolidated shipments.
- Actively lead strategic and tactical planning for maximization of Consolidation Center shipments to meet freight cost savings goals.
- Carefully follow 3A Composites’ freight matrix to tender Glasgow outbound shipments.
- Monitor stock levels for all Consolidation Center materials to ensure that orders ship complete.
- Monitor the backorder report and ship materials as soon as they become available.
- Communicate with Scheduling and Production departments at Glasgow, Benton and Statesville manufacturing facilities to ensure that stock transport requirements are met.
- Serve as backup to Logistics Manager in case of absence (i.e. vacation, business travel) and fulfill all scheduling requirements for the Benton and Statesville facilities during those absences.
- Assist, as needed, and serve as a resource in case of absence (i.e. vacation, business travel) of Glasgow Shipping Coordinator.
- Serve as the contact for after-hours inquiries on all Glasgow Consolidation Center shipments.
- Supervises others
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School diploma required
- Advanced knowledge of the Arvato Transportation Portal required
- Advanced knowledge of SAP supply chain software required
- Strong negotiating skills required
- Proficient computer skills
- Computer software knowledge, specifically Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficient math skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting requirements
- Competent and transparent in professional communication skills
- Professional management representation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to continuous change of daily scheduling requirements
- Strong organization skills
- High confidence level in delegating or providing work instruction to ensure efficient performance of direct reports
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications